OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE - 9/14/13
As most of you know by now, I have begun a new job, and because of that, my full attention has been focused on doing the best job I can in that new position.
That being the case, I haven't been able to deliver news to you for much of this week, so here are some items I have noticed ... OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE ...
- From RADIO INK comes news that Premiere won't stop airing reruns of Art Bell's old radio program, despite the fact that Bell will soon be on SiriusXM.
- While Bell isn't too thrilled with 'em, conservative talk radio lovers will be pleased to know that Premiere, by the bye, has re-upped with Sean Hannity.
- NPR has a new acting CEO.
- The Rev. Jesse Jackson's Rainbow PUSH Coalition is trying to put the kibosh on Sinclair's purchase of Washington, D.C.'s ABC affiliate.
- Might the Gannett/Belo deal be in trouble? Some Belo shareholders ain't too happy, and if
Mamathe shareholders ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
- And from Pigeon Forge, Tenn. comes word of a low-power TV station changing hands for - wait for it - $10 and a 10-year-old Coachmen motorhome.
See you later!