FROM THE EDITOR'S DESK: Time for a change

Today, I begin a new chapter in my life.  I've accepted a new job and will begin working this afternoon.

This was not a decision that I made lightly, but as my health has improved and my children are growing up and no longer need me at home 24/7, it is time that I get back into the outside world.

JDTVB will continue to exist, but publishing will be on a greatly reduced schedule.  I'll post things that I feel are of importance to you, as often as I have the time to do so.

The FCC Report, which has been published daily, will from today on be compiled throughout the week and then posted each weekend.

ICYMI and Headlines will no longer be posted.

The feature pages (TV and radio stations, cable TV channel guides, sports, weather and so forth) will remain and be updated as the need arises.

It's been an honor and a pleasure to serve and inform each and every one of you over the past five years, and I thank you for your support, especially those of you - and you know who you are - who have made it possible for me to keep JDTVB going when times were lean.  I am most grateful to you.

Stay tuned - there will be more to come!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Say it ain't so! So instead of a main course every day, we will now get scraps, but we shall savor each and every bite. We thank and wish you the best in your new endeavor. You are too good a writer to hang it up altogether, so be sure to leave a little something in our bowls from time to time just to keep us happy and informed.

Sincerely,


ORRG
Nate said…
Best of luck on the new job Jake. Thanks for all that you do.
Anonymous said…
Best to you Jake, and thanks for all your work over the last few years. Mark Elliott / WIKY
Jacob Newkirk said…
Thank you, guys ... I'm humbled. And I'll still be around from time to time to share what I can. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

SATURDAY SPECIAL: "Great Affiliation Switch" captivated Tri-State viewers in '95

Don't call it MyFox44: WEVV draws from its history, changes name of new Fox station to Fox44

SATURDAY SPECIAL: Tiny Hughes made WROZ Evansville's country home in the '70s and '80s