From the desk of Jacob A. Newkirk

Earlier this month, I announced that, because of a change in my work status, I was cutting back on things here at Jake's DTV Blog.

Today, I have decided that I will suspend all JDTVB operations effective Oct. 1, 2013.

The informational pages of the site, which can be accessed from the toolbar above, along with the archive of nearly 5,500 stories dating back to Aug. 2008, will remain available. The pages will be updated on an as-needed basis, as long as I am able to do so.

As part of the suspension of operations, I will also be shutting down JDTVB's Facebook page on Oct. 1, but will remain on Twitter for the foreseeable future.

I thank you for your continuing loyal support. It has been my pleasure and a privilege to serve you.

Sincerely,





Jacob A. Newkirk
Founder and Editor, Jake's DTV Blog

Comments

Thanks, Jake, for all the years of reporting all the radio & TV media news here in the Tri-State. You will be missed.

Now......is there anyone out there in the Tri-State willing to take the torch and pick up where Jake leaves off on October 1st?
Anonymous said…
Wow! I am in shock!!! Thank you for all the great information you have provided.
Blaine Thompson said…
I cover southwest Indiana, etc. in Indiana RadioWatch and it's free. Sign up at http://www.indianaradio.net/
Anonymous said…
Nobody covered it like the king of all media bloggers. Gonna miss my daily dose. Hope you return soon. My best to you and your family.

ORRG
Nate said…
Thanks for keeping us informed throughout the years. Local TV in Evansville has definitely changed in the last five years. One of my favorite anchors was quoted as saying: "The more things change, the more they stay the same." Best of luck in the future Jake and thanks again for keeping us informed.

Nate
Anonymous said…
You will be missed because without you there is zero coverage of the media in the tri-state area. Thank you for keeping us informed about local TV and radio.
Lance Wilkerson said…
Good luck Jake. I am really sad to see you go. I loved coming here and getting caught up on things. Thanks for all you have done.

Popular posts from this blog

SATURDAY SPECIAL: "Great Affiliation Switch" captivated Tri-State viewers in '95

Don't call it MyFox44: WEVV draws from its history, changes name of new Fox station to Fox44

SATURDAY SPECIAL: Tiny Hughes made WROZ Evansville's country home in the '70s and '80s