FOX44 getting syndicated makeover
Bethenny, The Test, The Middle and Modern Family joining station's lineup next month
As you know, I got to spend yesterday checking out the new shows from CBS and FOX at WEVV, and while it's instructive to know what the networks are bringing us for fall, there's more to what a TV station airs than just network programming. Good syndicated fare is also a must.
CBS44's syndie lineup, perhaps the strongest of all in the Tri-State with popular shows like The Doctors, Dr. Phil, Ellen, Entertainment Tonight, How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men, is virtually standing pat for this fall - and why not? It's working.
FOX44, on the other hand, is losing several shows (Jeremy Kyle, Anderson Live and Ricki Lake, to name but three), but will debut some important new ones to take their places.
So what's new? Check these out:
- BETHENNY: A syndicated celebrity/lifestyle talk show that is hosted by reality TV personality, author, entrepreneur, and natural foods chef Bethenny Frankel. Ellen DeGeneres also serves as co-producer and creator. It'll air at 10 a.m. CT each weekday.
- THE TEST: A DNA-, lie detector- and paternity-test-results show to be hosted by comedian Kirk Fox. Dr. Phil's son, Jay McGraw, is behind this one, which will air on weekdays at 1 p.m. CT.
- THE MIDDLE and MODERN FAMILY: Two of ABC's best sitcoms in recent years will join the FOX44 lineup with double episodes every weeknight at 5 p.m. CT (The Middle) and 6 p.m. (Modern Family). The Middle will also air at 5 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. on Saturdays; Modern Family will air at 9 and 9:30 p.m. on Sundays.
There are some other revisions to the schedule with the station's continuing shows as well, and they are as follows:
- LIFE TODAY WITH JAMES ROBISON will move from 9:30 a.m. to 8 a.m.
- DR. PHIL reruns move to 9 a.m.
- DIVORCE COURT moves to 11 and 11:30 a.m. (currently airs at 10 and 10:30)
- JUDGE ALEX moves to noon and 12:30 p.m. (currently airs at 11 and 11:30)
- STEVE WILKOS moves to 2 p.m. (currently airs at 3)
- JERRY SPRINGER moves to 3 p.m. (currently airs at 4)
- MAURY moves to 4 p.m. (currently airs at 5)
In late-night, TMZ will migrate from CBS44 to FOX44, airing at 11 p.m., followed by EXTRA at 11:30, a double-shot of EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND at midnight/12:30, and doubles of FRIENDS at 1/1:30 a.m.
All of these changes will be taking place soon, so stay tuned!