WKU Public Radio announced on Wednesday that some changes will be coming to its program lineup starting in July.
The public radio service of Western Kentucky University, which is heard in the Tri-State on both its main station, WKYU-FM (88.9 FM) and WKPB -FM (89.5 FM), will add the following shows:
- Here & Now will expand and move into the 1-3 p.m. CT Monday-Thursday slot being vacated by the demise of Talk of the Nation. (Science Friday continues on Friday afternoons as before.)
- The Takeaway, a lively news magazine and interview program hosted by veteran public radio journalist and host John Hockenberry, will air at noon CT.
- Two broadcasts of This American Life (Saturdays at 4 p.m. CT and Sundays at 9 a.m. CT)
- The TED Radio Hour (Sundays at 10 a.m. CT)
- Fresh Air Weekend (Sundays at 11 a.m. CT)
- and a second broadcast of Wait, Wait ... Don't Tell Me (Sundays at 4 p.m. CT)
For more information on the new shows and why the changes are being made, visit the station's website.
WKU Public Radio is heard on the following stations across Western and Southern Kentucky: WKYU-FM (88.9 FM), Bowling Green; WDCL-FM (89.7 FM), Somerset; WKPB-FM (89.5 FM), Henderson/Owensboro; WKUE-FM (90.9 FM), Elizabethtown; and translator station W277AA (103.3 FM), Somerset.